The bunkers are described as being constructed from solid concrete complete with heavy steel doors and surrounded by a blast wall of concrete and banked up earth, each of these 3 structures was about 150 feet long by 50 feet wide and 10 feet high.
The camp was known as 64 AAOD (Anti-Aircraft Ordnance Depot) Site. After the war ended, the site became a Territorial Army camp and in December 1947 the 23rd Armoured Workshop, REME commanded by Major F W Bartlett moved onto the site, followed by the 113th Assault Engineer Workshops (special), REME commanded by Major H Jones.
About 1955 around 6 acres of the site (which had probably housed the living quarters) were de-requisitioned and returned to Arrowe House Farm.
In the 1960s the site was also used by the 63rd Cheshire's Army Cadet Force and 2184 squadron Air Cadets. The Air Cadets are still on the site, their buildings built on the foundations of the original huts.