The church is described as being wider than the Norman Church, it was a plain limewashed building, ihe only notable feature being that it contained a private pew belonging to the Cust family of Leasowe Castle, whose coat of arms decorated the door of the pew.
In the 1830s a house was built for the Reverend John Simpson, Perpetual Curate. The house was paid for jointly by William Webster of Upton Hall and the Trustees of Queen Anne's Bounty. It was located on Ford Road and the three acres of land it occupied was given by William Webster.
The last service was held in this church on 26th April 1868, but the building was used as a mortuary for the township until July 1886 when the church wardens petitioned to take the chuch down as it was in a ruinous condition. Demolition was carried out in June 1887, the cost being covered by voluntary contributions.
During the demolition a number of carved stones were found, these are beieved to have come from the Norman Church.
As with the Norman Church, this church had a burial ground. Both these burial grounds remained in the care of the parochial church council until 1958, when they were closed and became the responsibility of the Birkenhead Corporation.
The site of the Greenbank Church is now occupied by an undertaker, although much of the original boundary walls of the site are still standing.