In March 1924 the first official parade of the 1st Upton (Victory) Boy Scout Troop took place. A Wolf Cub Pack was formed with six cubs and there were fourteen scouts, A year later there were eighteen scouts. The troop was affiliated to St Mary's Church and their meetings were held in the Victory Hall.
After the World Scout Jamboree, one of the wooden huts was acquired for use as a scout hut, this was sited in Salacre Lane.
During the second world war the scouts stopped meeting, although the cubs continued throughout the war.
The wooden hut was replaced with a concrete block structure in 1952. On the 4th May 1989 vandals attempted to burn the hut down, and it was gutted, only the walls were left standing. But with a great deal of fundraising, insurance and hard work the hut was rebuilt out of the ashes. It was officially reopened on the 9th June 1990.