Brookside was a large house on Ford Road between Manor Drive and the Fender Brook. The house was built by Isaac Fletcher, it was a three storey stone house with a lodge.
The lodge stood on the corner of Manor Drive and Ford Road, and it survived until Ford Road was re-aligned when the M53 motorway was built.
Isaac Fletcher owned most of the land fronting onto Ford Road and back as far as Mount Road.
Next to the Victory Hall's grounds in Salacre Lane was a large house called 'The Salacres' which was built by Thomas Chilton about 1863.
An advertisement appeared in the Liverpool Mercury on 29th June 1863:
In 1884 the house was owned by James Ratchford de Wolf, a shipowner. Mr de Wolf died on 16th August 1888, his widow Ellen Fisher de Wolf continued to live in the house until September 1896 when it was sold to David Richards, a shipowner from Liverpool.
David Richards died on 4th November 1906. The house passed to his daughter Mary Richards, who sold it to David Duncan, Gentleman from Liscard, in September 1911.
David Duncan sold the house to Elizabeth Strathearn Oakshott, Widow from Bidston in July 1921. In August 1927, Mrs Oakshott sold the house to James Slingsby, builder and contractor of 'Oaklands' Ford Road, Upton.
Mr Slingsby converted the house into eight flats, and divided the land which came with the house into building plots. This includes the land now occupied by Grafton Drive and the south side of Wroxham Drive.